Is it time to replace your roof? Nobody likes having to do a roof replacement; it is an expensive repair that is always a big hit on your budget. When it does come time to repair the roof on your home though, there are many different roofing materials to choose from. If you know you are going to live in your home for a while and want a roof that will last a long time, then it might be time to consider a metal roof. Metal roofs are a bit more expensive initially, but they require very little upkeep and last an extraordinarily long time. Since you’re already going to get the roof replaced, go ahead and make an investment in your future and go with metal.
Here are some more reasons why you should consider using metal roofing for your roof replacement:
- 50+ years of expected performance: One of the biggest draws for metal roofing is its long lifetime record. Most roofs only last 20-30 years, but metal doubles that at 50+.
- Tightly interlocking panels do a great job of protecting from weather damage: Unlike roof tiles or shingles, metal panels connect seamlessly together and leave almost no space for strong storm winds to tear off roofing and cause expensive repairs.
- Metal is energy efficient: Due to the reflective nature of metal, instead of soaking in the sun’s rays and heating up your home, it reflects much more. This saves you additional dollars on your energy and utility bills.
- Fire Resistant: Metal roofs are a class A fire resistant material, coming in at the very top of the scale for fire resistant roofs. No other roof provides the complete fire resistance that metal does.
- Extremely light: Metal is a great roof repair option for its extremely light weight. This makes it an easy material to install, and a good contractor can usually complete the entire project in just one day.
- A wide variety of color and designs available: It used to be that metal roofs were all just silver, flat, and dull. Now metal roofs can come in many colors, shapes, and sizes. You can use a metal roof to fit any style of home that you like.
With so many advantages of using metal as the material for your next roof installation, many homeowners across the nation are switching over. There has been no better time to choose metal as the material of choice.
If you do decide that you would like a metal roof, remember that you are making an investment in the future of your home. Your roof will need very little maintenance and will last many years into the future. If you have any more questions about how a metal roof will benefit you, feel free to give us a call. We’re happy to talk to you, and we can help you make a decision about what will be the best choice for your home in the long run.